Are you looking for some new recipes for this fall? Here a couple that even your kids will approve of!
- ½ head green cabbage
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small crown broccoli
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 (3 oz.) packages ramen noodles
- seasoning packets discarded
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- (up to) 1 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Before you begin, prepare the meat and vegetables for stir frying. Peel the ginger with either a vegetable peeler and then grate it with a cheese grater. Peel and grate the carrots with a large holed cheese grater. Remove the core from the cabbage and cut into thin strips. Slice the onion into thin strips. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Begin boiling a medium pot full of water for the noodles. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the grated ginger, saute for about 30 seconds to one minute (its okay if it sticks to the pan but don’t let it burn). Add the chicken strips and cook until they are no longer pink (about five minutes).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add all of the vegetables. Stir and cook until wilted (about 5-10 minutes). Meanwhile, once the water boils, add the noodles and cook just until tender (2-3 minutes). Drain, return to the pot (with the heat turned off) and toss with the sesame oil to keep from sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sriracha, and sugar. Use only ½ tsp of sriracha if you don’t want it spicy, use up to 1 Tbsp if you like it hot. Stir until the ketchup and sugar are dissolved. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken and vegetables with the heat still on medium high. Add the noodles, stir to coat everything in the sauce, and heat through (just a few minutes).
Put a lid over the veggies to help them cook quicker.
Pizza Roll Ups
Pepperoni String Cheese Roll Ups
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 cheese sticks, halved
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
optional – marinara or ranch sauce for dipping
Garlic Butter Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place about 3-4 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
These are great for sack lunches and kid parties!
You can also add a small amount marinara inside the roll up.